Thursday 22 May 2008

I am in sole charge of the little one!

Today my wife was stupid enough to leave me in charge of Lucy. It didn't go well at times?! My fatal mistake was to overload her with ice cream to the point she was sick in our favourite coffee shop. Won't be going there for a few days!


The days where I have Lucy on my own can be a real disaster! I look forward to them so much and have really high expectations as they are so few and far between. I try to cram so much in to the days , I think I simply wear Lucy out and she gets tired and grumpy. I feel that I need to treat her with something like the ice cream to compensate for not spending enough time with her and I never learn that treats like this usually spell disaster. The most amazing thing about today despite my cock ups was that for the first time ever this week Lucy loves being on my shoulders. This just seems like a real dad thing and I was chuffed to bits! Hence the photographic evidence. Another lesson today - don't overload and over excite children. It does them no good, as discovered!

No comments: