Sunday 23 August 2009

Getting to know you....

Today is the last day of my holiday and I have to say my enduring memory of these last two weeks will always be getting to know Anna better - her personality, what makes her tick, her character and enjoying the simple delight of just spending time with her. I have learnt that she is scarily like me in so many ways, not just her good looks. She is stubborn, strong willed, loves a giggle, hates to be shown how to do something, will not wait her turn and really loves a tasty biscuit! She loves a cuddle and a tickle and the magical giggle that ensues is amazing. I have touched on it before, but the best bit is watching her relationship and love with Lucy blossom. They are emerging as sisters who play together and enjoy each other. Fantastic to see. Oh well, back to work and less time with my girls. I will miss them greatly. Lucy finished off today with the line: 'I love you daddy, thank you for a lovely holiday'. She knows what to say and how to have an impact. That one got me....

No comments: