Sunday 17 July 2011

What a difference a day makes....

Twenty four little hours. Uplifted by the amount of drugs and ice packs I have applied to my back and feeling more like a human being as each hour goes by; I suggested that the family Hammond hit the coast and headed for sunny Cromer and it did not disappoint. We had fish and chips, ice cream, went on the fun fair rides and had a damn good time. We even escaped the weather, driving home in a thunder storm as earlier the girls had been playing on the beach in glorious sunshine. We have a picture in our house that I have always loved of two girls playing on the sand. Very simple, yet very effective and it captures the innocence and delight of childhood. I had my own picture to admire today as I sat on the pebbles watching Amy and the girls play in the sea and in the rocks pools. It was lovely to watch. Such a shame I did not take the camera and capture the moment for ever. I'll keep that one just for me in my head. Anna of course had to be naked as she legged it around, grabbing seaweed as Lucy searched for pebbles. Good end to a much better day and the drugs have not even worn off yet!

No comments: