Tuesday 7 July 2015

Great expectations!

I often reflect on my past and how I feel I did not fulfil my academic promise as a child and let down the my foster parents and other people in the time, effort, encouragement and money they put in to give me a very expansive and fantastic education at public school. Choosing to drop out in the manner I did before A-levels has definitely given me a harder path to follow in terms of developing my career and getting ahead in life. There could be an argument that I have learnt so much in working my way up the ladder, but following a traditional path could easily have been equally effective. I suppose the point I am making is I do not want the girls to make the same mistakes as me and learn from me imparting this to them. They are both very bright and work hard at school and have real opportunity in the future. Anna's school report came in and it was fantastic and I am very proud of her and her efforts and application. We await Lucy's with excitement - but I know it will be the same as she has made so much progress this year and keeps growing academically stronger with each month. For example - I absolutely love the fact she now reads for pleasure quietly in her room nearly every night. Neither of my children is a child genius but both have very real potential to excel above the norm and do something with their lives and future careers. They need to stick with their education and build on these solid foundations and I am determined to encourage and drive them to embrace the benefits it offers in this complicated modern world...

No comments: