Sunday 21 May 2017

Another member of the family also progressing...

When she arrived in our home, I cannot lie Inkey was a bit of a mess - a nervous, worried and not really healthy looking dog. It been over a year now and she is turning into a lovely family pet and one that is now firmly embedded into our lives. Whilst she still retains some of her old traits and worries such as she is scared of the microwave, howls when the house phone goes off and really does not like any strange men coming to the house, she definitely feels safe and loved now. She is still very much a beagle as she loves to empty the kitchen bin, eats her fair share of cat poo and could not be trusted off the lead! There have been times when she has urinated on the carpet and cost an arm and a leg at the vets (everything that Inkey has is not covered by her insurance) that I have not felt the love or owner bond. She is cheeky, greets you when you come home (sometimes more than my uncommunicative girls!), starting to become playful and adores a cuddle with the girls. The change in her behaviour I think is so wonderful is when she comes home from her walk, she bounds with pure and unrestrained excitement, legs a flailing everywhere and leaps through the dog flap into her home. She loves being part of a family and we love her. I do wish I could drag some more enthusiasm out of the girls at times though in walking her though, but I do confess to enjoying the peace and quiet of a walk with the dog sometimes though too. Just me and her, my thoughts and the sunshine...

No comments: