Tuesday 8 August 2017

On the home straight....

I have been grafting beyond belief in the last four/five weeks with lots of time away and working hard in preparation for my holiday. Ironically, you would have thought running your own business and being the master of your own destiny would allow you to just take time off when you want. The reality could not be further from the truth and a great deal of planning needs to go into being able to take two weeks off. The mayhem and highly stressful working through a very long list of jobs continues, although the list is definitely getting smaller. I have not enjoyed the working away from home bit lately, the more tired I become, the less I am amenable to it I am. Last week, my birthday went by without seeing either Amy or the girls and I spent it in a hotel on my own working. Four more sleeps and counting, as our holiday and another family adventure looms and I can only say I am ready for it! This holiday and time with my family takes on so much importance to me this year, as I have been so busy of late. This time will be precious and I can't wait. Lets just hope they don't want to kill me after spending two weeks with me! I will definitely need some afternoon siestas, cups of coffee and time with the girls pratting about around Cornwall. The best things in life are worth waiting for and often mean a bit of hardship to get to and this to me is one of those things. Anna (my car buddy) and I are already planning snacks and our music selection for the long journey already, leaving one of the most inaccessible places in England to drive hundreds of miles to another one of the most inaccessible places in the country!

No comments: