Saturday 13 January 2018

It's finally finished!

After much swearing and I really mean much swearing, Lucy's bedroom is finally finished. After all these years of being practically inept, you would have thought I would have learnt my lesson and paid somebody to complete projects in the house such as this! It was a good job, that for some periods of time Amy and the girls were not in the house whilst I was decorating, as I used words I have not spoken in a long time! Not one screw I put up stayed secure, I fell off the step ladder, landing on my arse on an open pot of paint - for a short period of time I looked like a smerf (angry smerf). Rescued by Uncle Ron and his drilling skills, I completed the project by the skin of my nose, hours before the carpet guys arrived to fit it. Despite all the hassle, agitation, loss of dignity and pain, I am chuffed to bits to be able to have done this for Lucy. Her emotional reaction with tears of joy, made it all worthwhile. Enjoy Looby chick. Your first grown up bedroom with enough storage spare to keep all your crap in! xx

No comments: