Wednesday 14 March 2018

They have such a bond...

Even though they would not admit it! Anna has continued to be quite anxious in the last few weeks, but is slowly settling back into a routine and going back to school with less worry and more freedom. I was most impressed with Lucy's care and attention towards Anna, in offering to walk her to school last week. I was less impressed when she revealed her wish not to sustain this beyond a day! Which got me thinking, as we sat down on Sunday evening for a mother's day meal for Amy, with the girls sitting really close together. They were giggling, scheming and moving into that place where they are completely excitable, slightly too loud and on a wave length that only sisters can understand. I love watching them together when they are like this., I am not a fan though when this happens in the back of the car when I am driving! Beware any adult who goes close as this is the dangerous time when they can gang up on an unsuspecting parent for example! Whilst my two girls often fight, often need separating (sometimes our small house does not keep them far enough apart!) they do deeply love each other and have a very close bond, whilst being two different and diverse young ladies. It is lovely to see their connection. I can only pray that in the coming years they stay close, look after each other and always be there for each other no matter what life brings. I often say it, but they are a true and blessed gift and mine and Amy's lives would be not be as rich and fulfilled without our two argumentative girls. So keep arguing, keeping secret giggling, gang up on us all you like and bring it on! The girls call themselves team 'Shabuya' (not sure where the name comes from?) and even have a secret fist bump that is sacred to them. I hope they do appreciate each other and always will...

No comments: