Sunday 13 May 2018

If only she could follow instructions!

Life just races by. Every week blurs into one and by the time you realise it, the weekend's gone and you are back into the grind of the working week. Lots gone on in the family Hammond to catch up on, some frustration, one hilarious moment and some proud parental moments too. My eldest daughter Lucy is beautiful, finding her confidence and growing up at a speed I cannot fathom. Now needing grown up conversations  about personal hygiene and adult things, Amy is shouldering the burden of such things. Glad I am not involved in these and that Lucy only wants to talk to her mother at present, although I am currently bracing myself to cock it up if needed! A week or so ago, Amy and Lucy spoke about the need to shave legs and under the arms. Lucy popped in the shower and sorted this out. On coming out, she declared to her mother she had sheaved her arms too! After much laughter Amy and I composed ourselves, but could not resist a slightly sarcastic jibe in the morning! Not sure if the issue was in the clarity of the instructions or the stupidity of the recipient - we will never know! I am so glad she did see the funny side. Not good parenting I hear you say, nothing that Lucy would not have said to any of us. She is after all developed in her sarcasm usage and at 'Ninja' level. Anna despite high levels of moody and grumpy continues to excel on the football pitch. Now with an interest in goal keeping pulled off the save of the season yesterday, tipping a stinging shot over the bar to stop the opposition equalising. It was truly a sublime save and one I wished I would have been able to capture on video. Then people would realise it is not just parental bias driving my description of her heroics, I can tell the world I was there on this epic day, even though they may not believe me......

No comments: