Wednesday 24 October 2018

Celebration and a tale of caution...

In fact the birthday week flew by at such a rate I did not get involved as much as I would have wished to celebrate and show two  of the girls in my life how much I love and appreciate them. On Lucy's birthday I had to content myself with skype, a quick phone call and a big hug when I got home, other than that it passed me by. Amy worked all day on hers and we managed a 'tired' slap up meal at the local pub and then all hit the sack! I did manage to excel myself and spoil Mrs Hammond rotten with the purchase of a couple of pictures for the new house. (my nerves may now be shredded as usual I exceeded the planned budget). I didn't really excel, Amy chose and I paid! A dangerous precedent could be set; one should never solely express love through gifts on their own, but the madness of life at the moment left me with not many other options. Or so I thought. The last couple of days, Amy and I have found quiet moments to spend time together, chat, have a coffee and just be with each other. Amy has been the one giving gifts this week; in her time, counselling me and supporting me through a very difficult time. I was struggling to cope with all that was going on and with renewed energy I feel I can push onto the next phase after these simple but effective gifts of love and guidance. Its the wrong way around I know. I hope my gift goes a long way to showing how much I appreciate you Amy and enjoy them. In the week where I really started to feel I did not have much left to give, you have lifted my spirits. As for Looby Chick, she and I still have a cinema date set to enjoy yet of which I am very much looking forward to in November. Happy birthday to my lovely girls (and Libby) xx 

No comments: