Saturday 3 August 2019

Out for coffee with this one!

I quite like the fact that Lucy has come to the age where she actually on the odd occasion (and I mean odd), likes to spend time with her dad. This morning we went for coffee and it felt like I had a grown up for company with the articulate flow of conversation. Really loved a little bit of a shop and some time with my girl. She still won't let me take her picture, this could carry on up to her wedding at this rate! Yesterday saw my forty-fifth birthday fly by. I feel thoroughly spoilt and I was, with some lovely presents (croquet set and film memorabilia being amongst the best)  and great company at a barbecue in the evening. Thank you Mrs Hammond for all your efforts, cooking, hosting and amazingly delicious cake. I have to say I had a sneaky third piece overnight when I couldn't sleep. I am not sure I can say that I enjoyed last year very much and it was very tough as a family. I am trying to herald this new year with a positive attitude and move forwards after such difficult times. This time next week we will be days away from a fortnight together in Majorca!!!!! Oh how my weary bones cant wait. Five more working days and counting....

No comments: