Sunday 6 July 2008

Just when you thought youv'e cracked it!

Anna slept on Friday night for most of the night, but last night was not quite so successful (please denote sarcasm!). You can really pick through her breathing that she is winding up for a big cry. I impressed myself that I let her cry for nearly half an hour, I found if I breathed with her breathing I could block out her shrill cry. We had tried everything else - milk, nappy, cuddle - the works, so we decided to see whether she would settle herself down. Please see the photo attached for the impact this tactic can have on our household. Amazing that Lucy slept through the whole experience without stirring once. The noise was immense! Lucy and I have been watching 'Finding Nemo' this morning. Really nice to hear her speech developing as she interacts with such a colourful and imaginative film. Sentences like 'Nemo's daddy needs to get out of the whale, cause he needs to find Nemo in the fish tank' and 'here comes the scary fish, he's got big teeth!' Have been trying to explain the phrase surfer dude, but she has not quite got it!
It has still been a few hard days and I am looking forward to a day with just the four of us and no visitors. Just me and my family and hopefully I can begin to get to know Anna quietly....Although quiet is not a common word used in this house of late!!!

No comments: