Friday 4 July 2008

A little wind bucket!

True to form and family genetics, it turns out that my three day old daughter can fart for England! There is no doubt she is a Hammond! My wife is a parenting god and at the moment I am quite simply stuck for ideas. Amy seems to have remembered everything we learnt from when Lucy was a baby and my brain and powers of retention have turned to mush.The routine that Amy is putting together seems to be working already and Anna is really benefiting. Last night Anna slept throughout the night with one feed. On the night three. I don't know how Amy does it. I don't want to anger the parenting gods and end up not sleeping at all tonight, but credit where credit is due. I have to confess to still struggling. I think work has finally caught up with me and I am slowly winding down to the point that I can begin to come to terms with being a parent again. I think it is going to be a log journey for me.
Looby, despite the angelic photo attached has been difficult with me today to say the least. She is clearly already competing for attention and trying any way she can. She has even developed a habit of hitting out a little bit. It has been very nice to see her slowly building a relationship with Anna though, wanting to be involved and giving her many kisses and cuddles today. It was also a sheer delight to once again see her interact with her cousins and run around the campsite like a free spirit without a care in the world...

No comments: