Sunday 15 June 2008

So much can happen in a parenting week!

It's been a week since I posted anything. It has been crazy week. It has been a challenging week in the Hammond household especially in the parenting steaks. My wife gets bigger by the day and it really cannot be that long before she gives birth! Work is manic and I am frantically trying to get ready so that I can have some time off soon. I am so tired and Lucy has ranged from delightful to really challenging! She has been every where and anywhere this week and I have barely seen her. When she does see me she is usually knackered and frustrated. We did have a child free night last night and stayed at a hotel for a wedding. Bliss you would have thought - until my wife thumped me a 5.30am to wake me up to help with her cramp. We have also spent time with a lovely parent who has four children. This woman is a parenting god and it makes one feel completely inferior and a failure. All four of her children are perfectly behaved and I melted when a tired Lucy was giving me a hard time and she said 'don't worry Bob - it will get better'. Ahhhhh - today I just did not know what to do with her, everything I tried did not help. Tomorrow is another day....parenting is simply about sticking to it - sometimes it is hard when you are knackered!

No comments: