Tuesday 8 July 2008

Beware the emotional wrath of a toddler...

There is no other way of describing this. Lucy is giving me a really hard time at the moment. She continues to hit me and I am finding it hard. She is clearly competing for attention since the arrival of Anna and is taking out her frustrations on me. I have tried telling her 'no hitting', but this has not had a positive impact. Amy and I have talked it through and from now on I am simply going to have to walk away and not give her a reaction. It's really getting me down, but I must persevere. I know she will settle down. Amy says she is a daddy's girl and she is taking it out on the one she is closest too. I think that means I am supposed to be flattered!! Don't get me wrong - she's still my Looby and I love her dearly.

Anna continues to blossom and my wife continues to dazzle. She is such a natural parent and I really do feel it is her niche. Since having Anna she seems happier and more relaxed than I have ever seen her. It is lovely. You can tell by the constant smile and dazed, loved up contented look on her face that she is clearly loving being a parent again. I had a lovely walk with Anna today and despite the fact she was asleep for most of the time, it was nice to share that time with her. She is simply beautiful.

No comments: