Thursday 3 July 2008

Gratuitous photo shot!

Am delighted - we got our camera back from the hospital and I can begin a complete celebration of all things Hammond. My neighbour has just popped in with a certificate stating that I am the proud father of the two most scrumptious Miss Hammond's in the land. I need to seek permission from my wife re.whether I can post pictures of her post labour. I think she looked beautiful and she was amazing, but she may not agree. Conversation had and conditional permission granted. Can't get the photo she wants me to post to rotate so shall put on the blog tomorrow.

I'm still shell shocked and coming to terms with things. Anybody would think I gave birth. At times I feel really emotional and tearful. We have been through so much as a family this year to get to this point and it seems like a huge release. I am a very private person and have found it difficult to cope with all the visitors and phone calls. Have spent a bit more time with Anna and have already gained some confidence in what to do and how to help her. She is a real screamer. She had a noisy night till about twelve thirty and that has not helped general levels of fatigue. I know it sounds like I am ungrateful for all our family and friends wishing us well and the lovely gifts/cards. I am not, I promise. I think I just need time to calm down and take stock. I am surprising myself a bit this time though. I have always found crying babies very stressful, but I seem a bit more calm this time round. At the moment. Today had been a slower day and has given me time to reflect. Lucy seems to be finding her feet in the big sister stakes and my wife has already become gestapo mother. So things are going well! Anna had her fist bath today, she clearly was not impressed and expressed it too! Living in a house with all these free spirited and tenacious women could prove challenging! I may need back up.........

No comments: