Friday 12 September 2008

A sad family day.......

As I celebrate my blogging half century this week, a sad day has arrived in our family. The girl's great grandmother Sylvia passed away peacefully this morning. The girls have been extremely lucky to have a great grandmother in today's society, when extended family seems to be a thing of the past. Sylvia was extremely proud of all her great grand children and always talked of the joy they brought her. I am so pleased that she was well enough to witness Anna's birth and meet her last great grand child. Sylvia lived at the Care Home I manage until the last few weeks of her life and it was nothing short of a pleasure to see the enjoyment she got out of her great grand children. Lucy especially really enjoyed visiting her and Nana would always show her off. We have a wonderful picture in our house of Sylvia's and Lucy's hands together when she was a baby. To me it was always a lovely representation of the generations within a family and truly marked for me that I had begun the creation of my own when Lucy was born. A complete generation of my daughter's family has disappeared today and that makes it a very sad day. Rest in peace Sylvia and thank you for the kind words and love you always showed my girls.

No comments: