Wednesday 22 July 2009

Walking, Wiggling, expressionism and not to order...

Anna is taking a few steps every day, but she is stubborn. She will not do it for order or for show, it will be on her terms or not at all. She is very pleased with herself and is physically very active. I think there is a distinct chance we may have a problem on her hands. A highly active toddler is on the way. If she is being watched, she starts with a quick grin, looks around and then promptly crawls instead of taking a few steps. That, I am afraid is classic Hammond behaviour! Lucy is leaving me presents to take to work at the moment - pictures that I am finding really hard to fathom what they are. Maybe they are abstract and my daughter is a Picasso in the making. I have simply one standard reponse -'That's lovely darling'. I don't have the heart to tell her that artistic talent may not be in her genes or offend her by asking what on earth it is! My office wall is now littered with the artistic interpretations of a three year old with an overactive imagination. I am proud of her, but the art she produces can be a little hard on the eye....

No comments: