Sunday 9 August 2009

Mad dogs and Englishman...

The family Hammond have been out all day in the beautiful August sunshine. I am on holiday and today marked the first big day out for us in my two weeks off. Ah bliss. We have spent the day at the Norfolk dog show with probably thousands of yapping pooches of all shapes and sizes. So relaxed was I in the company of my girls and Mrs H, that I even indulged myself in some beer. We ate, shopped, giggled, face painted, ate again, sat and enjoyed the sunshine and just chilled for hours. Wiggle really loved the animals and gave a wicked grin as each one passed by. She lost the eye contact battle when she met her match in three very large Saint Bernard's! Lucy, the 'butterfly that does not want to fly' (to use her words) gave us the ultimate wind down from our day in the car back with her mega mix of shrilling, ear piercing songs with such greats as 'if you are happy and you know it, clap your hands' and the emotional and classic 'Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall'. I have to say that she is improving and is at times bordering on singing in tune...

No comments: