Saturday 26 September 2009

Bedtime!

After an extremely long day as a parent, it can come as a great relief to have your offspring tucked up and let some adult time kick in. Don't get me wrong I love spending time with my girls, but sometimes you just need 'you' time and be away from phrases like ' I don't want to' or 'Plllllleaaaassseeee' or 'can we go to the park'. Just simple quiet time that let's you remember that you are more than just a parent. A glass of wine or put your feet up in front of the telly that does not involve a brightly coloured cartoon or an adult twittering away to your child in a distinctly patronising voice. Now is my time. Bath time is finished, little miss bossy has read everybody a story and I am settling down to watch strictly come dancing with Ola and a skimpy dress. Now that's a manly yet slightly embarrassing admission! Parenthood has reduced my levels of intelligence so that I am only capable of watching such things, such is the level I now find myself at. Actually I look forward to it, but don't tell anybody! Anna has progressed in the talking stakes - 'uh oh!' being her first perfectly articulated word. Interesting choice when there are simple words such as cat around for example!

No comments: