Saturday 21 November 2009

Parental lessons can sometimes hurt..

Parental lesson number 54, sub section 'b' from the unwritten advice book of 'How to be a fab parent!' neglected to tell me that when your child has a savage cough do not feed them Cheerios. I repeat do not feed them Cheerios. With every mouthful my kitchen became like a firing range as Anna projectile coughed this healthy and nutritious cereal out like bullets at a duck hunt. I am bearing the scars. The wall and the floored were covered in sticky round bullets. The best bit was she thought it was hilarious. The more she laughed, the more came out and so it went on. Anna was once again poorly yesterday and had to endure a day at home with her daddy. Despite her cold, teething and a bout of conjunctivitis, we had a cracking day. I have to say I was not the most responsible of parents as we went all around town and spread the love that is conjunctivitis. The ideal present for anybody who misses having a sticky eye! I am worried, Anna is becoming a television watcher - see evidence attached and has taken control of the sacred chair. Look out Lucy, you have competition!

No comments: