Friday 4 June 2010

The reader and the artist are blooming....

Lucy and Anna definitely have differing talents and interests. Anna's main talent is causing havoc and getting up to things that she should not, however she has recently acquired a joy of books and she is putting together an enjoyment of such classic greats as 'Miffy goes to school', 'Miffy goes to the seaside', 'Room on a broom' and 'The smartest giant in town'. Every time you read her a book, her excitement levels rise and she loves to point out her favourite bits like when the giant's trousers fall down or Miffy splashes her daddy. Lucy on the other hand although dabbles with books, her first love is drawing. Please see her latest creation attached. She simply called it the toy shop. I know I am her dad, but I think it is fantastic. When she draws she is a joy to watch, her concentration is completed by sticking out her tongue and she gets really low to the paper and chortles away to herself while she draws. They do however share a talent at the moment, not doing what their parents ask them to do and they are very skilled, very skilled indeed. This evening for instance: to say I was in control at bath time would be fallacy, no doubt my girls were in control and I struggled. Amy, please don't go to the gym ever again and leave me alone with the terrible two, they have the measure of me that's for sure....

No comments: