Saturday 30 October 2010

Did I feel guilty?

Whenever Amy and I have anything for ourselves that does not involve the girls (which is rare) I am normally racked with guilt that we have not involved them. I am afraid that my parental morals went completely out of the window this week as I sat in a jacuzzi at Dunston Hall relaxing without the constant stream of the words 'Daddy can you....' OR sibling fighting that has emerged in recent weeks. Did I fell guilty? Not on this occasion. Not at all. Amy and I really needed that time together and deserved it. Being a parent is the hardest job in the world and I am very proud of the effort that Amy and I put in, however we need to remember to be us on the odd occasion, not just Mummy and Daddy. On collecting the girls we celebrated with an afternoon trip to play land in Wells and had a cracking family time. Can't wait for the next non parental time with my wife though, in the mean time back to the world of pink things, Night garden pyjamas and cranky little people...

1 comment:

Ajamesa said...

great work Bob. didn't know you wrote this. I shall now be an avid reader util I have caught up. BTW I think personal time and adult only time are just as important as kiddy time to keep balance and focus. We generally njoy each others company a whole lot more after a brief spell aaprt. The heart grows fonder is so true. Thus I love seeing my kids after work each day. :-)