Monday 11 October 2010

Keeping up with how much they grow up could be a full time job!

I just cannot keep up with how much Lucy is changing. She is developing at a rate that I am finding hard to come to terms with. This weekend she will be five and it seems that day by day my little girl is becoming a grown up, then you are reminded at how vulnerable she is when she can't handle a new situation and how much she still depends upon us as her parents. During a conversation with her there are now times that I have to check back and remember what age she is as she is articulate and such a chatter box. It is a strange leveller when one actually gets to the bottom of her understanding when you are talking to her. She can talk the talk, but does not have the understanding to back it up yet. Speaking of birthdays, the excitement is definitely building in the Hammond house in regards to Sunday's party. Lucy was practicing in the back of the car over the weekend by singing 'Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me....' There is no doubt in my mind that she understands that she is the centre of attention this weekend and that many presents are coming her way!

No comments: