Tuesday 9 November 2010

Home work girl!

Lucy is working very hard indeed at school and home and her writing especially is progressing very well indeed. I am amazed by how quickly she is learning and the enthusiasm that she has. It is very difficult to keep pushing her to take part in the early evenings as she has had such a long day at school and club (before and after school) and I am finding that I do not have many skills in supporting her to learn and am finding it difficult. As a family we lead such busy lives and I have been taking the soft line that she is tired and I should just let her chill out. Amy on the other hand has worked so hard with her in recent weeks and really pushed her and I need to support with this so that she can continue with her progression. The results of Amy's hard work are clear to see as the other evening with help and guidance Lucy wrote the sentence 'We can take in puppets' on her whiteboard. WOW! I have learnt so much about myself as a parent as Lucy enters a new phase in her development and I really am a bit of a coward, as I need vigorous 'pushing' from my wife to take on new things I am not confident with when helping the girls. Well done Lucy and Amy - have a sticker each from a man who needs to learn a trick or two from his wife....

No comments: