Sunday 16 January 2011

Learning the Lucy way..

I continue to be very impressed with how well Lucy is learning since she started school and her enthusiasm to be involved in talking about new things and the world around her increases every day. Her interests seem to have evolved and she is attentively observing the people, animals and objects around her. Now this not mean much to a seasoned parent who has seen their children grow up, but to me it is amazing to watch her develop and grow. Her interests are now wide and varied beyond fairy princess pink things and television. She loves reading, writing, wildlife, playing, films, stories, drawing and she is even showing a practical ability in making things that I never thought I would see. I have feared for many years that she is going to be practically inept like her father! She even seems so much calmer since she started school. Maybe that is because she is tired and they have overwhelmed her into submission! Don't get me wrong Lucy has her moments and agitations, however the hard work that Amy and I are putting in seems to be paying off; her maturity is increasing and the person she is growing up to become is one that we can be very proud of indeed. I love to see character traits and skills such as generosity, kindness, respect and pride in what she does being nurtured and growing in her as a person..

No comments: