Saturday 1 January 2011

Reflections on another family year..

The year of 2010 brought many ups and downs for the family Hammond. My two girls are an amazing gift given to Amy and myself that are to be cherished for every life experience that they give us. I have to confess there are days that I could strangle them and other days its all I can do to breath when I look at them. They fill me with pride, frustration and love. Lucy has done so well at school in her first term and is emerging as generous, caring and loving big sister to her barmy younger sibling. Anna's character is off the scale in bubbling wackiness, chaos and an unstoppable love of life. That's a great word to describe her - unstoppable! My favourite memories of the year have to include the nativity play, Anna's naked bike riding and 'sandwiches', Lucy's one liners that get better and better, the pictures that they have both drawn for me, the endless trumping in my house and the giggles that ensue, first trip to the cinema with Lucy, Anna really started to talk this year and has not shut up since, her Hetty hoover and above all a vast amount of cuddles and kisses from my girls. Thank you girls - I look forward to doing battle with you in this new and amazing year, preferably with less snow and slightly less trumping! Happy new year!

No comments: