Saturday 7 May 2011

I am not your friend anymore Daddy!

I had forgotten about the battle for independence than ensues with a nearly three year old and Anna has defiantly drawn the lines of battle. The most used phrase in our house this week has definitely been 'I am not your friend anymore Daddy'. The main battle has been simply getting her to go to bed and stay in the bloody thing! Amy and I have really struggled to even have one evening together, as our time is spent going up and down the stairs to stop her getting up to her latest mischief and get her to sleep. I have to confess to being a tad weary today as a result of this. It is all coming back to me in glorious technicolour in that Lucy did the exact same thing at this age. I know she will settle down, lets hope sooner rather than later! The terrible twos kicked in today as she had a mighty strop with Amy in Tesco whilst demanding that she was bought some new knickers. Just ask Anna, it would be much quieter and simpler and may bring you the result you want. That is definitely some food for thought for my youngest daughter...

No comments: