Saturday 16 July 2011

Roll on the summer holidays! (and fast)

I am frustrated to say the least today. Having worked extremely hard in the last few weeks I was really looking forward to spending time with Amy and the girls. The weather is appalling and it is chucking it down and Wiggle is the only one of us who is in good form. Might be something to do with the fact that she slept for thirteen hours last night. Great work if you can get it! I have pulled a muscle in my back and can barely do anything. I am doped up on painkillers, applying ice every hour and walking around like a ninety year old man. Amy has a stinking cold coming and clearly is exhausted after a very long year teaching. Lucy is also very tired having nearly completed her first year of school and needs the summer holidays desperately. One more week to go and the girls will have a lovely and well deserved six weeks off. Two more weeks and I will join them for my annual two week break in early August. Oh heaven. Heaven indeed. N.B. Lucy's third wobbly tooth came out yesterday and I have to say mine and Amy's track record about ensuring the myth of the tooth fairy stays alive in our house is pretty poor as we forgot again last night to swap the tooth for money. Only some quick thinking this morning saved us and we just about got away with it...

No comments: