Monday 1 August 2011

At least know that I can care for sunflowers!

The family competition to grow the tallest and best sunflower is hotting up and strangely they are growing in exact height order within the family, and this also includes this years guest competitors our neighbours Libby and Ben. Ben racing into a commanding lead and Wiggle bravely bringing up the rear. All are healthy and growing nicely. It's my birthday tomorrow and I have been reflecting on the parental and non parental events, achievements and disasters of my thirty-sixth year on planet earth today. Family wise it has not been a good day for me as I find myself very tired and very cross in the world of living with three strong women. I always find the beginning of my holiday hard as my body and brain try to slow down from a very busy and demanding job. I always feel several steps behind Amy and the girls in winding down and it is difficult. I have to say on today's efforts I should stick to gardening! My two favourite reflections on this year are not profound or really anything to do with the parental struggle or a reflection on my skills, but I feel they need revealing. I really do like Emma Bridgewater china and I am developing a pathological hatred for the colour pink! Work those out and come out with an analytical conclusion in connection with parenting....

No comments: