Sunday 17 June 2012

Loved, oppressed and very lucky...

Another father's day has rolled by and my girls have really spoilt me. It started quite early in scary fashion with Anna waking me with her face inches from mine and then eating my cheek off with a smothering kiss and giving me a hug that stopped my ability to breathe. Downstairs, I was greeted with cards, gifts and home made bunting (great job Lucy) along with coffee and pancakes. The day was getting better! Out for more coffee at the Bistro followed by a fantastic trip to see grandpa and the opportunity for me and the girls to go offroading in the mud in assorted 4 x 4s. Then off to Pizza Express for huge amounts of food.  The only real blip being two extremely over excited girls who could not control their noise levels or tongues in the back of the car! Home, and then robot making and water sliding in the garden with a cuppa. I am loved and very lucky. A great day, but I confess to being worn out and in need of grown up time. Just completed story and bed and the silence is golden....

No comments: