Sunday 15 July 2012

Spies like us...

I had two cunning, top secret spies in my house on Saturday. They arrived, made a den in the hall and defended me against the evil emperor Zurg for well over an hour. They were highly trained in combat, imagination and had all the gadgets that even the most accomplished spies in the world have. They went by the code names 'Storm' and 'Dizzy' and in a puff of smoke they were gone again. Will I ever see them again, time will only tell? It has been another eventful weekend in the Hammond house that has meant I have been through several parental emotions: school and nursery reports came in this week and both the girls did really well (proud father), Anna inexplicably decided to poo in the garden (angry father), the girls broke a drinks holder in my new car (very angry father), Anna is close to having dry nights again (proud father), Lucy spilt black current squash over the cream couch (desperately frustrated father) and the girls helped me in the garden (happy and content father). Life is never dull. I will miss them desperately next week though as I am hardly home....

No comments: