Monday 25 February 2013

Another female to torment me arrives!

I am now very much outnumbered in the house. Who am I kidding, I have always been! This week we welcomed another member of the opposite sex into the Hammond house, although this one seems mild mannered in her temperament and I do not think she will turn out to be my tormentor in chief. Welcome to 'Patch' a rescue cat, along with our other cat 'Newt' that makes men (one) and women (five). We decided that it was time that the girls stepped up to the plate and learnt a bit more responsibility so we invited Patch to come and stay! They have been very enthusiastic in caring for her so far, sometimes too much! At the moment she is living in the study as we integrate her and she and Newt have yet to cross swords, so it could be interesting in the coming days.

On another note Lucy fired me at the weekend from my parental responsibilities - charming! She told me I was useless and needed to learn a trick or two! (this was in jest) On reflection I may well take her up on this - this could mean peace and quiet, a lie in once in a while, DVD days on the sofa and a bit of rest. Worth a thought.....

No comments: