Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Christmas?!?

It has been a strange Easter weekend with the weather, including the snow, ice cold wind and the Siberian temperatures but never the less in true Hammond family spirit we have made the best of it and stayed in the warm and eaten a great deal of chocolate. At lunch at Grandma's today we even opened the leftover Christmas crackers in celebration of the cold!  I have loved being around the girls and Amy in the last few days - just being with them and doing what we do best. Chilling out, hot chocolate, arguing, many cuddles and television watching under a blanket. I really enjoyed messy church on Good Friday (but don't tell Amy as she might make me go again) and making Easter cards with the girls. On Saturday, watching the girls at their gymnastics class was lovely, I was very impressed with the effort they both put in. Anna does seem a bit more flexible and skilled and her 'crab' was sensational.  Lucy just seemed to see it as a path and scheme in becoming a 'ballerina' or a 'fairy', I am afraid she has not quite got the decorum to carry this off yet!  The best part of the Easter weekend was the freezing hour or so I spent with the girls in the park hill rolling and prating about on the new playground things and the zip wire. A good time was had by all. One down side of the weekend - Lucy waking up at between 4.30am and 5.30am every day. I am so tired.
 
Happy Easter or Christmas, which ever it is - to all my girls..... xxxx

No comments: