Sunday 7 April 2013

Return of the sunshine and ice cream!

The spring sunshine finally came out after months of freezing temperatures and almost immediately followed by the family Hammond's passion for an ice cream at Wells! In celebration of this we had the works and topped with sprinkles. Umm! We have had a lovely day playing in the park and playing on the penny slot machines. This turned out to be a very expensive pursuit because by the time the the toy fell out I might have well bought the bloody thing! I did have a major victory as I used a claw to pull out a Dalmatian cuddly toy for Lucy and even got a high five from an empathetic fellow father for my troubles!
 
Anna did not finish the day well with much stropping and whinging at bath time and this ended in a battle royale between us and Anna going to bed early. Just checked on her and she is sound asleep. The women in my life are very spirited indeed and sometimes I need to stand my ground and follow it through. This is something I am not always good at as a parent and sometimes I am just too soft on the girls. I can back down or do not have the energy. I am sad, as I was looking forward to a cuddle by the television with her and have missed the boat on this till next weekend as away with work this week..

No comments: