Sunday 21 July 2013

The creative juices are flowing in the Hammond house.....

As a  family we are not renowned for being a creative bunch, so when we have a surprising and infrequent upturn in skill we must celebrate this period and sing it from the rafters. After all, we are known more for our consumption, not creativity. Amy has been baking again (I must admit there is some real talent within my wife), this time with a collection of delicious fairy cakes for Auntie Doris' birthday on Saturday. The girls came home with their years work from school on Friday and there was a massive collection of stories, hand writing, maths, art work and models. I was very impressed indeed. One piece that particularly caught my eye in this gallery that even the most modest of fathers would beam with pride over, was Lucy's model ice cream van. It has taken pride of place on the mantelpiece and in my humble view sums up the mood of all good things Hammond and celebrates many a good family day out in the Norfolk sunshine! Anna's contribution was more of a 'live work' as I watched her play a numbers game with Amy and Lucy and I was very impressed with her grasp of maths for a five year old.
I, am afraid, have not been able to contribute greatly to this creative surge, I did the housework and gardening this weekend and that my friends is about as good as it gets. I am a grafter not a sculptor (who is partial to the odd cake and ice cream!)...

No comments: