Sunday 18 August 2013

New territory in the trials of parenthood...

Lucy is growing up so fast (sometimes she definitely behaves like a teenager) and the moment I have been dreading for a long time crept up on me without me barley having time to realise! This week we went shopping for her first 'training' bra. She is developing physically at a fast rate and I will blink and the next conversation will be about boyfriends. She is constantly intrigued about her body and questions about growing up and where babies come from. Amy is brilliant with her and calmly explains things, utilising all her teacher's skills and being the great mum she is. I. on the other hand, am having more than just a slight panic about this kind of conversation and am finding myself unusually tongue tied. This is going to be the hardest part of being a dad to two girls in the future as we get closer to conversations about periods, bras and boyfriends. In cowardly fashion I am taking a big step back and letting Amy handle it at present. Why should I stop her when she is doing such a good job?! I know I will have to take part soon and jump in and give it a try - not sure where to start at the moment though. In the mean time a great day at Lands End today, as Amy went off for a well deserved potter and sunbathe with her book. The '4D' cinema was more in tune with my parenting skills....

No comments: