Tuesday 13 August 2013

Riding the wave and finding a legend...

Yesterday, we visited what can only be described as the most breath taking of beaches called Kynance Cove and had an absolutely magical day. The girls spent the day playing 'dare' with the waves (Lucy realising how powerful the sea can actually be when she was completely knocked down twice) and hunting for creatures in rock pools. I spent most of the time simply taking in the view and watching them play; until curiosity got the better of me and I had to dive in and scare people by putting my trunks on. My god that water was cold! If I had one criticism of Cornwall - why do all the most beautiful places to visit involve a five mile hike up a very steep hill!
Today we went in search of the legend of King Arthur and well and truly found him at Tintagel Castle (again only accessible by a long steep hill). Anna, was in her element, as she and I had what can only be described as an epic sword fight on at the top of a cliff with a dramatic sheer drop on every side. Lucy finished off her couple of days with a little stint shopping for fairy dust, wish bottles and jewellery. So far this holiday is turning out to be the best quality time we have had as a family in years. I can't say anything other than I am loving every minute of it. The girls are still endlessly fighting, but that's just normal. One downside, we have been stuck in an endless evening marathon of the Harry Potter films. I like them but not that much!

No comments: