Sunday 15 September 2013

Final memories of the summer....

As the weather turns and the cold starts to set in, the family Hammond  begins it's winter hibernation and activities such as the 'Sunday afternoon' film kick in. The memories of sunshine and ice cream seem a long time ago but still firmly in the mind. The school term is well underway and I am delighted with the girls start as head teacher awards, gymnastic certificates, 50 metres swims all come their way and bear the fruit of their hard work, all be it sometimes reluctant! 
The comments come thick and fast including Anna's cracker yesterday in reference to my stomach -'Oh my god, he's got chubby sides!' My children never fail to raise my self esteem. Good temperaments that benefited from summer rest and relaxation also now start to fade as the tiring school routine kicks in. In particular Anna who is can only be described as 'challenging her father at every step of the way' at the moment and defies much of what I ask her to do. I am standing my ground and not going back on difficult discussion at the moment. With more time away from home and another battle with Anna, I can feel the lovely affects of the summer waning too..

No comments: