Sunday 17 November 2013

She will not be tamed.....

Anna is quirky, unique, lovable, head strong, independent and fearless. These are all words that I would use to describe my youngest daughter; but for some reason despite her gregarious nature and as one of our neighbours recently said 'she captivates all she meets and you have got to love her', I am very worried about the fact that she will not engage in new group activity and seems to really fear this. She has her comfort zone groups such as club, school, our family and our close friends and neighbours, but she does not readily move beyond this. For example, she has so much potential to do a sport or a club such as gymnastics, but she just folds when this is suggested. For one so fearless, there is a real fear there and as yet it is undefined as to the source or even 'why?' Anna does not like to conform and on some days I think it is simply the wish not to conform that is stopping her, but I think there is more to this. We always try to encourage the girls to make choices, but I am now so worried I think we may need to take the tactic of no choice and push her hard to see what is going on..

No comments: