Saturday 1 February 2014

Last day before back to the grind...

Tomorrow heralds the start of my new job and time away from my family again. I have really enjoyed being at home and doing ordinary things with the girls for the last couple of weeks. Reading stories, a cuddle by the fire watching a film, picking them up from school and hearing about their day, watching them at swimming and their clubs, going to Anna's reading cafĂ© and playing board games. I must say it is time to go back to work as well though as I am beginning to get under everybody's feet, get cross with their messy lifestyle and at times tempers have frayed as we move towards half term and a much needed break for the girls. 'Weekend dad' or 'hairy Dave', as Anna calls him, moves back in tomorrow and Lucy is looking forward to not being nagged! (this man is fictitious by the way!) We finished my time off today with a lovely walk on Wells beach and through the woods, the peak of which was finding the old swing I used to use as a boy. Take care my lovelies and don't let Dave get too comfortable - I will be back before you know it..

No comments: