Friday 17 October 2014

That was never nine years!

I find it incredulous that I am now the father of a nine year old. It's not going to change, so I better get used to it. Lucy has had a wonderful birthday. Bang on six o'clock this morning, having woken the whole house with uncontrollable excitement, she route marched us all to the living room for opening of presents! She did very well, if I say so myself with a NERF bow, Harry Potter sweatshirt,  Hermione artefact box set, CD's, DVD's, much stationary and the biggest collection of loom bands I have ever seen (I look forward to picking those up from the rug for months to come). I say it lots, but she made me very proud with all her thank yous, involving Anna and real genuine gratitude for all her gifts. To finish the day - out for  a Chinese with her friend Chloe, Granny and Grandpa and Libby -  eating too much and home for Amy's made roulade (very tasty). The girls are in bed now and Amy is asleep on the couch. They take a great deal out of you these birthdays and that's just the parents! Happy birthday my darling Lucy. Role on Sunday for Mrs Hammond's big day...

No comments: