Saturday 17 October 2015

Greetings from planet ten!

Today my baby girl turned the ripe old age of ten, I have to accept she is not so much my baby anymore, in fact she gets more and more grown up each day. I, on the other hand feel very tired and old today as Lucy and her friends woke us up at 4.20am. By 6am they were in the kitchen making dodgy chocolate pancake mix without the eggs! (Amy tells me this is the setting agent in the recipe and quite important - shows how useless I am!) Anyway back to the birthday girl - I think she has had a great day and she loved her presents and was appreciative and thankful as ever. I was quite happy as we bought her lots of Sylvanian families and Shopkins goodies and this calms me quite a bit, as it shows me she is not in that much of a hurry to grow up. Remember Lucy - enjoy your childhood. Now you are in double figures it is all down hill! Happy birthday darling. You are very much loved. Amy and I were remembering today that long, worrying, emotional, amazing, painful for Amy and exhausting day you came into our lives and changed it forever. xx 

No comments: