Saturday 15 October 2016

Let's party!

My baby girl is not so much of a baby anymore. On Wednesday evening we looked around the Fakenham academy for Lucy to see what it is like and think about where she wants to go to high school next year. Yes high school! Oh my god! Press the parental panic button, go into denial mode and pray for time to stand still was how I approached the evening! Lucy was a combination of a bit overwhelmed, red faced, embarrassed and at times shy, then after an hour or so she got into it, started asking all the teachers questions and really embracing it. She has made her choice and wants to go there with all her buddies. She was slightly worried that she would get lost as it was so big compared to the junior school though! No such worries last night as she and her buddies rocked and bopped to all their favourite tunes as the party of the year with confidence and a bloodstream full of e-numbers and sugar. They were jumping up and down so vigorously I thought the floor in the bistro would cave in at one point. From my point of view it was one of the noisiest evenings I have had in years. A joy and a pleasure though to watch my Lucy have such a great time. What really shone through was the real bond she had with her friends and the generosity they showed in their gifts to her was amazing....

No comments: