Sunday 19 February 2017

The one with the excited donkey!

I feel very weary tonight. I have been grafting all week on work projects and managed to conspire to only spend one day with Amy and the girls this half term. We spent it in the brilliant and unexpectedly warm Norfolk sunshine finally introducing ourselves to our adopted 'Wiggins' and 'Wacko' at the Redwings sanctuary. I have to say neither donkey was that impressed or hospitable to their new 'part' owners, seeking to walk as fast and as far away from us as possible.  Hilarity coming as Wiggins only attempt at interaction with us was to rise his genitalia towards us, prompting a barrage of 'willy' jokes from the girls. If you look at the picture very carefully you can just make out Anna in her blue coat, speedily running away from the camera. Not sure if this was simple embarrassment or it was all simply too much! I have not known my youngest daughter to be camera shy before, usually striking a cool pose with attitude and her signature arms folded. You know the one! I really enjoyed this brief catch up with my family, before the grind starts again in the morning. We finished off with an impromptu trip to Cromer and some arcade therapy. Lucy is now the family air hockey champion and certainly was not a gracious winner, completing her triumph shouting and gesturing 'Boom' at the top of her voice for all to hear! I think she was just a tad pleased with herself. I enjoyed my 'one' day half term with my family. Perhaps next time we can spend at least a couple of days with each other or even the whole week. Until next time.....

No comments: