Saturday 30 September 2017

Things are a changing...

I can't keep up. My Lucy is growing so much emotionally, socially and physically every day, breathe and you can easily miss something. What a wonderful young lady she is becoming. Her confidence is soaring, she is working so hard at school and is piling up the merits. I love her focus and the targets she sets herself. First up the Bronze award (set amount of merits and she is not far off) and her determination is so admirable. Her social wit and positive outlook just flow every day and I can never say enough how proud of her I am. I love her pre-teenage look she is developing, it is really her own thing (although I do think this hat looks a bit like Benny from Crossroads - showing my age!) I am so conscious now to ensure I give her as much personal space as she needs, as her body changes and she starts to become a young woman. Not long now till another birthday rolls by! Anna told me today, she did 'not want her sister to grow up as she loved her as she was'. I did explain she'll still be Lucy, she always be her sarcastic, loving and generous big sister. I think Anna feels she is being left a bit behind as Lucy is starting to do different things such as go into town with her mates, lots of time on her phone and hanging out in her bedroom chilling and listening to music. We can't stop time Wiggle and we already see so many changes in you as well developing. My girls are close and have a strong relationship, but it is a pleasure to also see them forge their own paths as well. Football update - Anna and the boys secured their first league win today. Boom - oh she bossed it! Scoring and running herself into the ground. At one point my heart was in my mouth as she ran head to head with a lad for a loose ball and they clattered into each other. She was everywhere!  A good day to be a Hammond...

No comments: