Sunday 4 March 2018

Thank God it's raining again...

Now I know I can sometimes be a grump, well most of the time, but thank god it has stopped bloody snowing, the temperature, which reached a biting minus seven has steadily increased and the ice is melting. After all the disruption things feel like they are getting back to normal and it is pissing it down outside! The kids are ready to get back to school, I am ready for them to go back too! The thing about snow and freezing temperatures, is after the novelty wears off, the children inevitably end up bored as everything becomes less accessible and a tad slippery. I must be getting old as I fell over twice! I noticed a growing pattern over the last few days, as Mrs Hammond and the girls hunkered down under blankets and turned into even more of television addicts than they were before. A sad day as one of Anna's fish passed away this afternoon, with much sobbing Anna and Amy discovered its lifeless body whilst cleaning out the tank. Turns out Amy may have been responsible for its passing, rinsing out the filter with tap water upsets the bacterial environment. In looking at her smiley face, you wouldn't think she had it in her!?! The fish murderer of Fakenham town. Just joking, we were warned that sometimes there are casualties when keeping fish, I am not sure Anna realised it would be so soon. I knew we should not have encouraged her to name them. RIP Rosie the fish, dutifully buried in the yard with no dignity whatsoever!

No comments: