Monday 7 May 2018

It would be rude not too!!

It has been a stunning bank holiday weekend, with warm sunshine basking over the wonderful Norfolk countryside. Sadly with Mrs Hammond spending the weekend beavering away at an outstanding work project, it has been left to me to entertain and stimulate the girls. The menu of enjoyment has been simple with not much choice on offer - sunshine, ice cream, plenty of fluids, relaxation and much eating Hammond style. My parenting skills probably do not go beyond this - so stick with what you know! We've been fossil hunting, eaten way too much ice cream, lots of penny gambling in the arcades and had a potter around a very packed Wells. The best excursion organised by my children's entertainment unit (me) was a nostalgic one for me. A picnic prepared by Anna by Walsingham ford, right next to my childhood home. I could see Berry Hall in all its splendour in the spring sunshine and it brought back many childhood memories. I loved watching the girls play where I had once done so, paddling and playing poo sticks. The odd shout of 'car', to avoid getting splashed was heard too! A lovely and unusually warm bank holiday weekend. Shattered now and going back to work for a rest!

No comments: