Monday 23 July 2018

I must be getting old!

There was a time many moons ago when I was a lad, that I was a fantastic gamer. I am part of the Tomb Raider generation, and we were very skilled indeed. Now I am into my forties, my crown seems to have been usurped by a young lady called Wiggle as she well and truly whipped my backside at 'Star Wars Battle Front'  on the Xbox this weekend. Now I could use every excuse under the sun such as I grew up with a PlayStation and the controllers are different, I was in pain as I thought I had broken my toe doing the cleaning in the morning OR I have never played a split screen game and my eyes could not get used to it. The truth is I am getting old and a ten year old well and truly did for me on this game, she even beat me with an ice cream in her hand whilst using a controller! I accepted defeat graciously and then silently sloped off to heal my wounded pride. A new generation of Hammonds has taken top spot in gaming in our house, it may be a crown I will never recover....

No comments: