Monday 8 October 2018

I feel your pain Mrs Hammond!

I don't think I have ever known such a frenetic, furious and relentless period of time in our family life as the present. Work (settling into a new job in Amy case), school (a new one in Anna's case), selling the house, clubs and footy matches, renting the new house and long weeks away from Amy and the girls. Always in the background assisting Grandma and Joan. The list of jobs to do and things to get through is now five sides long! I wake up very night thinking of something else that needs to be done. Desperately searching for a window of opportunity to quite simply spend some quiet time together. I am sure Amy and I could easily describe ourselves as not knowing our arses from our elbows! I know it will settle down and our real focus has to be supporting the girls in this frantic, stressful and emotional time in their lives with lots of change, but I really do miss spending time with 'my girl'. Our heads hit the pillow exhausted every night and I have not spent time with Amy for ages, literally weeks. It is the age old battle when you are a parent remembering that you are a couple and finding time for each other, but we have it coming thick and fast from all sides and it does not help one bit! After this all settles down Mrs Hammond, I fully intend to whisk you away for a weekend, just the two of us early next year. The kids will have to fend for themselves or if we give them the social services number they might manage to organise some kind of care package for a few days! Not sure how we are going to overcome this one, but just need a few days with my wife x  

No comments: